“Fraud Allegations Untrue” Dr Akintoye Akindele Opens up on Business Dispute With Abiola Family

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Amazin Zion

Mar 1, 2023
34295-akindele.jpg

Dr Akintoye Akindele the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Duport Midstream Company Limited has briefed the public on his previous business dispute he had with the family of the late MKO Abiola that led to his arrest by the police.

He made this announcement in a just-released video where he stated categorically that his business rivals are trying to put false allegations relating to fraud. He cleared his name saying that he is not guilty nor is he related to any fraud case ever.

He was invited by the police over a dispute against him by Summit Oil, a company owned by the family of the late MKO Abiola.

In the video which was transcribed, he said,

• It’s about a business dispute with my former partners and a notable family in Nigeria, the Abiola family, which the police are already investigating and they will get to the bottom of it eventually.
  • I believe in the rule of law and that is why I have not said anything on the matter. People that are discerning, when they hear fake news, will know it.

Also, Dr. Akintoye Akindele has been granted a N500 million bail by the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Maitama after he was accused of having issued a N50 million bribe to officers of the Nigerian Police Force—after he met bail conditions, he was released.

Throwing more light on the issue, one of Akindele's legal team, Pelumi Olajengbesi has this to say,

Read more: https://www.investingport.com/fraud...ns-up-on-business-dispute-with-abiola-family/