“Nobody can compete with me” Tems reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
“Nobody can compete with me” Tems reveals

Screenshot_20231027-151830_X.jpg

Popular Nigerian singer, Tems has stated that no one can compete with her. The singer revealed that she doesn’t even engage in a competition with other artists except herself. Her full name is Temilade Openiyi. She is a Nigerian Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter. She is 28-year-old. she became very popular after she featured on Wizkid’s hit song titled Essence in 2020.

During a recent interview with Hot 97 FM in New York, she revealed that nobody can compete with her. Recall she was in New York recently for the Time 100 Next gala where she was named an Honouree. She stated that she is competitive within herself. She called herself an original and this why no one can compete.

Screenshot_20231027-163443_Google.jpg

In her words “I’m competitive within myself but I’m not competitive with other artists. Nobody can compete with me. I’m original. I have children but I’m also I’m just all about being true to myself. My music is for people that relate to it. So, my music is coming from me, and my music is my outlet. I started making music because I didn’t have any friends. I had something to say, and I didn’t have anyone to say it to. So I would just sing it... I was doing that for years.”

She also added “my music is my outlet, whether anyone listens to it or not, I’ve to release it… its for those who can connect with it and are going through the same thing.”