“you should have tried to help the girl” Iyanya reacts to person who filmed a lady who struggled to get out of the car she was kidnapped in

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
“you should have tried to help the girl” Iyanya reacts to person who filmed a lady who struggled to get out of the car she was kidnapped in

Iyanya.jpg

Popular Nigerian singer, Iyanya has reacted to the viral video been circulated on social media about a lady who was struggling to get down from a car she had been kidnapped in. the video was shared by a man who noticed something strange and recorded this incident. The man had called on the police to intervene as the video he captured showed the drive and the license plate of the vehicle the lady was been held in. this video has caused a series of reactions however, Iyanya is of the opinion that this man should have done something to help instead of sitting in his car and recording. This incident occurred on New years day. It occurred on Ahmadu Bello way in Lagos state.

Iyanya stated that from the video, it was evident that as the lady was struggling to escape, the drive came down from the car to activate the child lock on the door where the lady was siting so she won’t be able to escape. He stated “you should have tried to help the girl. From the video, the driver of that car came down to activate the child lock button”. Some others have reacted to Iyanya’s post saying it was risky for the man who recorded the video to help because he doesn’t know if those kidnappers were armed with weapons or not.

In response to the tweets that followed this video, the man who recorded the whole incident revealed that he actually tried to help but still had to be careful. He stated that he tried to call the area boys around there but they hesitated and the driver then entered the car and drove off. He revealed that he followed after the car for a while hoping to come across a policeman or station to report to but unfortunately, he didn’t.

In his words “For the record : I raised alarm.
Called on area boys, but most of them hesitated. The driver got back in the car & drove off.
I followed the car around V.I, hoping I’d see a police man to report to, but none was on the route they followed.
They later started driving back towards 3rd mainland bridge
I even flagged down cars behind me & kept screaming someone is being kidnapped.
Everyone overtook me, I already followed them around horning for some minutes before they parked. That’s when I remembered to take a video. It’s sad to read some of these comments sha"

see post below