“you will not greet me?” Governor Sanwo-Olu asks Mr Macaroni after they ran into each other at Tony Elumelu’s party

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
“you will not greet me?” Governor Sanwo-Olu asks Mr Macaroni after they ran into each other at Tony Elumelu’s party

481692b7-4c2e-4aaf-b8fe-a7d169c68e1f.jpg

In a recent event which was organized by Tony Elumelu, a famous Nigerian philanthropist and economist, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, the governor of Lagos state ran into Mr Macaroni who is a skit maker, actor, and activist. When they ran into each other, Mr Macaroni and Tony Elumelu greeted each other, however, Mr Macaroni didn’t greet Governor Sanwo-Olu until he asked, ‘you will not greet me?’ in Yoruba language.

Tony Elumelu’s party was the talk of the town. He hosted an All-white party, and several stars and celebrities were in attendance, people like Davido, Tiwa savage, Governor Sanwo-Olu, and many others graced the event. Tony Elumelu, Governor Sanwo-Olu, and Mr Macaroni were recently spotted in a video and in the video, Tony Elumelu and Mr Macaroni greeted each other however, Mr Macaroni ignored Governor Sanwo-Olu who was walking beside Tony Elumelu. It was when Governor Sanwo-Olu called out to him saying ‘you will not greet me?’ that Mr Macaroni bowed his head to greet him.

The video of this incident at the event has gone viral and has elicited many reactions from people. Many fans revealed that Mr Macaroni wasn’t someone who would pretend to like someone in real life especially because Mr Macaroni is always so critical of the governor online for various reasons. One of these being the way Governor Sanwo-olu handled the ENDSARS protest which happened 3 years ago on the 20th of October 2020. Some fans commended him for treating him normally and not pretending to like him however, some others felt the grudge he carries against the governor was childish. What are your thoughts?

see video below