Aguero set to leave Man. City in the summer

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
Manchester City have announced that their record goal scorer, Sergio Kun Aguero is set to leave the club in the summer.

upload_2021-3-30_7-51-31.png

Aguero who joined Manchester City from Athletico Madrid in 2011 and have been instrumental in their revolution to become one of the top football club on Wngland, will be out of contract in June, and Manchester City believe it’s high time they’ve parted ways.

According to Manchester City Chairman, a statue will be erected for him, in honour of his contribution to the Citizens. Aguero has 257 goals from 384 appearances. His last minute goal against QPR in 2012, which ensured they snatched the Premier League title from their Manchester neighbor will not be forgotten so soon. Aguero also holds the record for the highest goalscoring oversea player in premier league and ranks among top ten strikers to have played in the league.

Interest have started arising for the Argentine from Spain, England and France. Aguero tweeted,

“A huge sense of satisfaction and pride remains in me for having played with Manchester City for a whole ten seasons - unusual for a professional player in this day and age,” Sergio Aguero wrote on social media.

“Ten seasons with major achievements, throughout which I was able to become the top historic goalscorer and forging an indestructible bond with all those who love this club - people who will always be in my heart.

“I was to join during the reconstruction era of 2011, and with the guidance of the owners and the contributions of many players, we earned a place among the greatest in the world.

“The task to maintain this well-deserved privileged position will remain on other. As for myself, I will continue to give it my utmost for the rest of the season to win more titles and bring more joy to the fans.

“Then, a new stage with new challenges will begin and I am fully ready to face them with the same passion and professionalism that I have always dedicated to continue competing at the highest level.”

Manchester City are set to battle to replace Aguero with Dortmund’s Erling Haaland, whose buyout clause is pegged at £180million by the club, amidst several interest from other clubs.