Angry landlord removes doors and roof of tenants after they failed to pay rent for 4 years

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Angry landlord removes doors and roof of tenants after they failed to pay rent for 4 years​

After tenants refused to pay their accrued house rent of 4 years, the frustrated Abuja landlord began the removal of the doors and roofs of the building. He cursed out the tenants in Yoruba language saying they would not have peace of mind. The angry landlord said he was the only one in Abuja who was considerate enough to grant a rent-free year to his tenants during the lockdown. That means none of the tenants paid rent during covid-19 and since then, they have refused to pay a dime.

Instead of them to pay up their debt, they charged the landlord to court for disturbing their peace. The angry man was left with no choice but to deal with them in his way and he did just that. He hired professionals to uninstall doors, gates, and the roof of the building so the tenants would be forced to move out of the building since they had refused to pay.

The landlord said, "You dey owe four years, you no pay your rent, you carry me go court. You carry me go court. For four years I'm the only landlord in this Abuja that gave all the tenants rent free period covid time. Now they don't want to move, owing rent. Today na today. Court dey here. You people will not have peace of mind."

==

Last edited: