'Artists don't give me credit but copy my moves' Rema reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
'Artists don't give me credit but copy my moves' Rema reveals

Screenshot_20231027-163400_Google.jpg

Popular Nigerian musician Rema has revealed how he does not get many credits from other artists. He stated this in a recent interview with Rollingstone. He revealed that other artists don't credit him yet they copy his moves.
His full name is Divine Ikubor, but is popularly and professionally known as Rema. He is a 23 year old singer and songwriter. He became famous after his hit single titled "Dumebi'' which was released in 2019. He is signed under Jonzing World, which is an affiliate of Don Jazzy's Mavin Records. He was born on the 1st of May 2000.

Screenshot_20231027-163328_Google.jpg

In his recent interview, he stated that other artists make use.of his style and moves and don't give him credit. Recall even Johnny drille mentioned something similar recently when he said other artists don't credit Rema.
Rema still shared that despite this, he is happy that other artists are inspired by him seeing as they copy him. He revealed that his dream has been to change Afrobeats.

Screenshot_20231027-163425_Google.jpg

In his words “I’ve been on the road for 4 years back-to-back; dropping bangers, hopping on stages. It has helped my growth non-stop. In as much as vacation is needed, I just don’t like to feel idle. I have so much plans for evolving this sound. I’ve always been that guy who just want to change the guy and change how the game is perceived. From sound to shows, to branding. Even though some artists will not give me credit, I know how many people have copied my moves and I am flattered by it.”

Recall Rema has dropped many hit songs over the years and has been nominated in various categories in various awards. He has won many awards. He has released hit songs like Bounce, Calm Down, soundgasm, Dumebi, pretty girl, charm, fame, woman, ginger me and many others. He has also collaborated with many artists over the years including Selena Gomez, Ice Spice and others.