Comedian Seyi Law writes an open letter to President Tinubu amid economic hardship

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Comedian Seyi Law writes an open letter to President Tinubu amid economic hardship​

Comedian-Seyi-Law-Sends-Apologises-To-Atiku-Obi-Supporters.jpg

Famous Nigerian Comedian identified as Seyi Law has written an open letter to the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. Seyi reminded President Tinubu about how he encouraged Nigerians to protest against the removal of subsidies during Good Luck Jonathan's administration. This happened in 2012 and paved the way for former President Buhari to win the election.

Seyi Law added that Nigerians came out in multitudes as advised to protest against subsidy removal and all joined hands to vote for former President Buhari. He told Mr. President to imagine the crowd that would soon troop into the streets if the prices of food continue to skyrocket. "Can you now imagine what great protest it would be for Nigerians to troop into the streets because of hunger, insecurity, and inability to afford basic amenities? I don't want to imagine it and talk more of joining them," Seyi Law stated.

He then added "Your Excellency, good intentions are mere intentions without proper implementations. There are certain things that I expected will be quickly fixed to mitigate the impact of the fuel subsidy removal. I am yet to see a fully implemented plan in the short term. I used Moses and the Israelites' journey from Egypt as an analogy in one of my write-ups, and it wasn't a mistake. It was deliberate as you probably know that the Israelites got to a point and began to complain, preferring to go back to slavery in Egypt rather than moving forward. They got tired of Manna, and now Nigerians are asking, "Where is our manna for this time?" I waited for almost 2 years to join a protest against the former President Buhari's administration because I believe that at least every new administration needs a minimum of one and a half years to stabilise. For every tick and tock on the clock, time is running on your administration."

He concluded by imploring President Tinubu to carefully appraise those within his cabinet to ensure that everyone is executing the tasks assigned to them. He also urged the President to work on the hike in the prices of food and electricity in the country.

Seyi Law Twitter and Open Letter​

To access Seyi Law's open letter, click on the link below and it will direct you to the comedian's X page where the letter was publicized.

==

Last edited: