'Finding the right partner is more crucial than just getting married' Yemi Alade speaks on pressure to get married

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
'Finding the right partner is more crucial than just getting married' Yemi Alade speaks on pressure to get married

Screenshot_20231109-152056_X.jpg

Popular Nigerian singer, Yemi Alade, has revealed she is under no pressure to get married. She disclosed there has has been pressure from family and friends but she has refused to be subjected to the pressure and expectations being placed on her to get married now.

Screenshot_20231109-151954_X.jpg

Her full name is Yemi Eberechi Alade. She is 34 years old. She is a singer and songwriter. She recently disclosed to a recent interview on Cool FM, which is hosted by the famous BBnaija Reality TV star, Tacha. She spoke about the kind of pressure she is under, to marry and have children. She disclosed that she can't be pressured and the time will eventually come.

Screenshot_20231109-151410_X.jpg

She stated "I'm under no pressure, nobody should pressure me. When the time is right. I don’t think anyone should rush into making the wrong decision of being with the wrong partner. Have you guys checked how much pampers is? Don't born child to come and suffer"
She also added “Family pressure is a challenging thing to resist because it’s coming from the people I respect and look up to, insisting that I should get married. However, I believe that if they genuinely have my best interests at heart, they will be patient with me because finding the right partner is more crucial than just getting married"

Screenshot_20231109-151920_X.jpg

See clip below

During the same interview, she also spoke about the possibility of a collaboration with Tiwa savage who is a famous female Nigerian musician.