I can't raise the children alone, wife of the man who defiled their 7-year-old daughter in Delta State pleads with the police

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I can't raise the children alone, wife of the man who defiled their 7-year-old daughter in Delta State pleads with the police​

j7BgDnPo_400x400.jpg

The Public Relations Officer of Delta State, DSP Bright Edafe shared the story of a woman who pleaded with the police to release her husband from their custody. Her husband reportedly defiled their 7-year-old daughter in Delta State and the case was reported to the Police. As it should, the Policemen immediately sprung into action and did their job by arresting the man.

Now, the woman whose daughter was defiled went to the Police station begging the officers to release her husband claiming she couldn't shoulder the responsibility of providing for their kids. This request was denied by the State's commissioner as they vowed to keep the erring father in prison to serve his punishments.

In an X post shared by PRO Bright Edafe, he said, "A father defiled his 7-year-old daughter. Guess what happened, it was the mother of the girl and the wife of the father who came begging and crying for the husband to be released because the punishment is life Imprisonment, and she cannot raise the children alone. Trust my boss, he vehemently declined that request."

"Parents at times go behind and collect money from the family of the suspects and come back with an affidavit to withdraw the case. The Command is making it clear now that offenses of rape and defilement are not compoundable and as such any form of withdrawal by either the victim or the family will not be tolerated, they may even be charged alongside the rapist."

Last edited: