I dropped out of medical school to pursue my music, Davido's new signee Morravey reveals

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Davido's new signee Daniella Daniel popularly known as Morravey has revealed that she dropped out of university to pursue her musical career.

Screenshot_20231112-152827_1.jpg

In a recent interview with City FM, Morravey said at the beginning of the new school session in January 2023, she attended a church programme where she cried to God about her situation. She revelaed that she was tired of studying medicine and surgery and it was starting to feel like a burden.

She said, "I told God, 'I'm tired of this medicine and surgery. It wants to end my life. If you want me to continue in this path, give me the love for this thing back. But if you don't want me, I have music. Please help me"

Morravey said as soon as she got a text from her label boss Davido, she knew it was a sign from God. She had already informed her mom about leaving school but her mom wasn't keen on it. Her mom urged her to continue and finish it. Morravey said she then asked Davido to speak to her mom about it since she wouldn't agree with her.

Morravey disclosed that her mom had a change of heart the moment she heard Davido's voice on the phone and agreed to let her go on with her decision. Morravey also added that she might go back to school in the nearest future to complete her degree but she would rather study music than medicine.

Daniella Daniel popularly known as Morravey is a 19 year old Nigerian singer currently signed to singer Davido's record label DMW. She is from Port Harcourt in Rivers State. She was studying Medicine and Surgery at Rivers State University before dropping out to pursue a career in music. Morravey featured on a track on Davido's Timeless album titled In The Garden. She released her first body of work titled Ravi EP on 2nd November.

You can listen to In The Garden Davido featuring Morravey here:

OmoAlaji

Oct 14, 2020
wow, I hope she makes it, but also, she will make more money in Nigeria than in medicine. But the trade-off is that if she can leave the country, she will make way more money for the long term than to keep working in the toxic music industry.