I grew up listening to foreign music, Seyi Vibez speaks on what influenced his sound

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nigerian singer Oluwaloseyi Balogun aka Seyi Vibez revealed that he grew up listening to foreign artists.

images-30.jpeg

Recently, music enthusiasts have debated greatly on the Seyi Vibez sound. While some agreed that Seyi Vibez is a talented artist, some said he sings with a mix of meaningless words while hiding under the guise of the Yoruba language.

In a recent interview with Capital Xtra, Seyi Vibez said he often listened to foreign artists while growing up but he had to embrace his culture as an artist due to the growth of Afrobeats.

He stated, "When I was growing up, I used to listen to more of foreign songs but at the end, I had to stay true to my own culture. Now that Afrobeats is having this massive turnup now, we're trying to put our culture into it."

Seyi Vibez emphasized that Afrobeats movement is about embracing African culture, not trying to copy the Western style and standing out from other genres of the world.