Kevin De Bruyne extends City stay

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
Man-city-score.jpg

The club has confirmed that Kevin De Bruyne has signed a two-year extension for the club. The contract will see De Bruyne stay at the club till 2025.

The Belgian put pen to paper to extend his stay at the club by additional four years. There had been uncertainty on his future at Machester City, in recent time, as his old contract is running out.

De Bruyne suffered a short spell at fellow Premier League club, Chelsea Football Club, before he was sent out on loan and finally sold to the German side, Wolfsburg. He then joined Manchester City in 2015, from Wolfsburg for a club-record fee of £55 million. De Bruyne said, "I could not be happier, since joining City in 2015, I have felt at home, I love the fans, my family are settled here in Manchester and my own game has developed really well.

"This football club is geared for success. It offers me everything I need to maximise my performance, so signing this contract was a straightforward decision. I am playing the best football of my career and I honestly feel there is more to come.

"Pep and I see football in the same way. Having that relationship with a manager is so important to me because our objectives are totally aligned, and we want the same things.

"My focus now is on ensuring we have a successful end to the current campaign. Our results and performances so far have been excellent, but we need to make sure we end the season with the silverware we deserve."

De Bruyne's move from Wolfsburg to Manchester City paid off for the two parties, in his six years at the club, he has won four league cups, two Fa cups, and two Premier League titles. He will be looking to add the Champions League medal to his cabinet after he played a major role in securing victory for his side against Borussia Dortmund last night.