Liverpool Left-back Andy Robertson Returns to a Rousing Welcome By Liverpool Fans After Lengthy Injury Layoff

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Liverpool defender Andy Robertson was swept with emotions as he returned to a rousing welcome and warm reception by Liverpool fans after a lengthy injury layoff.

Robertson, 29, picked up an excruciating shoulder injury while on international duty with Scotland national team during the 2024 Euro qualifiers clash against Spain on October 12.

The former Hull City defender was scheduled for a surgical operation to fix the dislocated shoulder. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp confirmed he could be out of action for three months.

"The decision we go towards is surgery," said Klopp back on October 20. That means he's out for at least 3 months," Klopp said.

After the injury nightmare, Robertson is back to full action with Liverpool. The Scotland international featured in Liverpool's 4-2 win over Norwich in the FA Cup, coming on in the 55th minute from the bench. He was greeted with a rousing welcome by Liverpool fans, who had apparently missed the services of the prolific left-back.

In a quote shared on Liverpool's social media, Robertson thanked the fans for the warm reception and the support that saw him scale through the scary injury situation.

He said;

"The reception I got will stay with me for a long time. I can't thank the crowd enough for that. That is what kind of got me through the tough times. There's been a lot of them over the last four months, and I am just delighted to be back on the pitch now."

Robertson joined Liverpool from Hull City in 2017 and has made 203 league appearances for the club, scoring 8 goals. He has won the Premier League, FA Cup, EFL Cup, Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, and FIFA Club World Cup with Liverpool.

Before his injury blow, Robertson had been a regular in Jurgen Klopp's starting lineup since his first season with the club. Regarded as one of the best left-backs in the Premier League, the Glasgow-born footballer is a first-choice left-back for Liverpool.

He made only 8 Premier League appearances for the club before his campaign was grounded with a shoulder injury. He will be hoping to return to top-level performance as he resumes action after the lengthy layoff.