Rapper Eldee reveals why he abandoned music and relocated from Nigeria

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
Rapper Eldee reveals why he abandoned music and relocated from Nigeria

Screenshot_20230816-093036_Google.jpg

Nigerian Rapper Eldee has shared the reason why he abandoned music and relocated from Nigeria. Eldee is a Nigerian hip-hop music artiste and rapper. His real name is Sikirullahi Olanrewaju Dabiri, but goes by the name Eldee The Don.

He is currently based in the United States of America. He used to be a member of the band known as Trybesmen which has now been disbanded.

Screenshot_20230816-093013_Google.jpg

He recently shared what made him leave music and relocate from Nigeria abroad. He shared this using a recent interview on the latest episode of the King of Talks podcast. This podcast is hosted by Teju Babyface.

He revealed that he left Nigeria because he needed to “clear” his head. He says this was after he had gotten “scammed” by an advisory firm in Nigeria.

The advisory firm had scammed him by collecting money from some investors and lied to them that they were investing the money in his music.
He says he had been introduced to a man named Tonye Akindele, who had a capital advisory firm at that time.
He says they had approached him for a partnership and he accepted.

He said “So they approached me for a partnership. And I accepted. But unbeknown to me, what was happening was him [Tonye Akindele] and his partner had the people who were funding the record label but the label was not getting money. I was still funding my music.”

He shared that it took a whole year before he discovered that he was being scammed and had been incurring huge debts.
He says after the whole incident, he had to take time away to clear his head.