Simone Inzaghi Waters Down Report Of Clubs Looking To Poach Him Away From Inter Milan

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Simone Inzaghi has expressed that he is “very happy” at Inter Milan, watering down rumors on links with other clubs.

Inzaghi has done a magnificent managerial job with the Nerazzurri, since he became manager of the side on June 3, 2021.

Simone Inzaghi has set up his side to play swashbuckling football, with Inter Milan being arguably the best team defensively in Europe and one of the best in the attacking department.

The Italian club have scored goals with reckless abandon this season, defeating teams with ease and displaying their superiority right from the get-go.

This amazing showing from the Nerazzurri is definitely testament to the good job being done by Inzaghi, who current contract at Inter Milan runs out on June 30, 2025.

The 47-year-old has shared that he isn't keen on a move away from the Guissepe Meazza, despite reports filtering around of a possible move to some other top teams in Europe.

The former Lazio boss has said that he is very focused on the team's performances this campaign, and he is in good spirit with the club, its administrators, and his players.

He said: “I’m very happy here at Inter.”

“New deal? Not an issue. I feel very good at this club, with this board and of course with my players. I’m only focused on our performances”.

Simone Inzaghi has an impressive CV, winning 3 Coppa Italia titles, 3 Supercoppa Italiana and he led Inter Milan to the UEFA Champions League final last campaign, losing narrowly to Manchester City.

This campaign he is on course to lead the Nerazzurri to the Serie A title, with the team still firmly in Europe, chasing the UEFA Champions League crown.

Inzaghi's side sit at the summit of the Serie A table, with 69 points from 26 league matches, 12 points better than 2nd placed Juventus, who have amassed 57 points this term.

They are halfway into the quarter-final of the 2023/24 UEFA Champions League, as they lead Atletico Madrid 1-0, following a first leg win in Milan.

The return leg of their clash against Diego Simeone side will take place on March 13, 2024, and it will be intriguing to see the team that comes out top in that battle.

Meanwhile, Inter Milan CEO Beppe Marotta has given an update on the future of Simone Inzaghi amid links to Chelsea and Manchester United.

Marotta said: “We love Simone and obviously we want to continue with him, we will open negotiations at the right moment”.

“His deal expires in 2025 but he’s happy here and we’re very happy with Simone’s job”.

Inter Milan staggering display in recent weeks has seen them score a minimum of 4 goals in their last 4 league matches, conceding only 2 goals, with those goals coming against Daniele De Rossi's AS Roma.

Anyway, Inter Milan return to action on March 4, 2024, facing Genoa, in a Matchday 27 Serie A encounter.