Unknown gunmen attacks former CBN governor, Soludo, as three policemen were killed

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
Professor-Charles-Soludo.jpg

It has been reported that gunmen attacked former CBN governor, Prof. Charles Soludo and killed three of his police guards on Wednesday night.

Charles Soludo, who is also a governorship aspirant in Abia state, was attacked by unknown gunmen in his hometown, Isiofia in Aguata Local Government, where he was reported to be meeting with the youths.

In the middle of the gunshots, three policemen have been said to have lost their lives, this was confirmed by the state police command.

As the election draws nearer, there have been reported cases of violence in the state. The gubernatorial election is slated to hold on November 6th, Soludo is a flagbearer for the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) party.

According to Soludo's media aide, when asked about Soludo's whereabouts, he said, “I can’t confirm the whereabouts of Professor Soludo. There was a stampede, I don’t know where Soludo is now.

“I only learnt that the state Commissioner for Public Utilities, Emeka Ezenwanne, was taken away but I have not heard about the whereabouts of Soludo.”

The state governor, Willie Obiano, who recently raised alarm on recent rising criminal cases in the state, said “I call on everybody, irrespective of affiliations to come together and support government and security agencies to fight our common enemy. Those who seek to destroy what we have laboured to build must not be tolerated in any manner,”