Why my song isn't Top 10 on Apple Music - Blaqbonez

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Fast rising Nigerian rapper Blaqbonez disclosed in a recent interview on the Big Friday Show with Tacha on Cool FM last week why his newly released single Like Ice Spice is not among the Top 10 songs on Apple Music.

Screenshot_20230718-100721_1.jpg

Blaqbonez revealed on the show that there is a streaming farm in the music industry that artistes use to rig or add streams to their songs to boost their position. He further explained that this is mostly common on Apple Music because most artistes feel once they make the Top 10 list on Apple Music, they are already a force in the industry.

He said, "People are farming on that platform. Im not going to lie. People are farming. It's upsetting to me. I'm telling you. Open your phone, go and check the charts and check from 10 to 20. Tell me if you know the songs there.

My song is supposed to be Top 10 there but there are too many farmers. I'm Top 10 in all other platforms except Apple because people have identified that Apple is the platform that has the PR. When you announce you're Top 10, people ginger from Apple. So people are now farming on that platform. People that are not anywhere else on other platforms, you'll see them charting there."

Screenshot_20230718-100738_1.jpg

He continued saying he is the type to sugarcoat things. When he says his song is trending, it's trending. He said when it comes to his music, he does his analysis well. He keeps the details and screenshots of how his songs are charting on all platforms.

"I have screenshot of people that are number 10 today and are 150 in one day because their farm money has finished. I have all the stats. Right now, Ice Spice is Top 10 song in Nigeria on legit basis.", He added.

He continued, "Let those people that are farming go and do show. I had a show in Ghana yesterday. I have another one tomorrow. I'm booked and busy. If you farm and nobody hearing you, you'll not be booked. You'll not be busy. You will just be deceiving yourself."

See video here:

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy