Wisekid or Wizkid?

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
f6784a1ccf49496d.jpg

News gathered showed that an upcoming artiste, with the name Wisekid, made a replica of Grammy award-winning artist, Wizkid's "Made In Lagos" album to rake in over N30 million monthly on Apple music. The upcoming artiste titled his album, "Lasgidi made".

With his real name Yohhana Hosea, Wisekid named his album in another fashion of calling "Made In Lagos" which was the name of the album Wizkid released late last year. He went as far as naming his tracklist just like Wizkid did, gaining him over 9.3 million streams on Apple Music and Amazon. This was brought to the public face when he posted his feats on his social media page, the post which he had later deleted.

Wisekid reacted to this on his social media page, saying, "Pls I don’t want wahala oo .. I’m just an upcoming artist I know nothing about this and please am not the one distributing wizkid album on apple music.

“I have my company that distributes my music for me so I know nothing about this news spreading all over the internet. Thank u.

“I don’t know who do that oo. I just access my apple artist name I saw streams I just wanted to get people check me out nothing more oo.

“I didn’t share wizkid streams oo. I don’t know who that oo

He said FreeMe Digitals distributed his songs and he is not the one who did so. FreeMe reacted to this allegation by denying in a statement released by them, "It has come to our notice that an artiste by the name of “Wisekid” claims to distribute an album titled ‘Lasgidi Made’ with our organization.

“While it is true that he distributes some of his contents through our organization, we will like to make it categorically clear that the said, ‘Lasgidi Made’ album was not distributed via our platform.

“We will be deleting the rest of Wisekid’s content on our platform and we have informed our legal team to immediately commence investigation on the issue and prosecute the matter to the full extent of the law."

Wizkid fans have since called out the artiste, with many reactions on Twitter.