“I Can't Say No To Chelsea” - Chelsea Target Moises Caicedo says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Moises Caicedo has acknowledged his desperation to join Chelsea saying he “couldn't say no” to the Stamford Bridge club and he also termed them “a very big, historic and beautiful team”.

Reports indicate that Chelsea are presently in talks with Brighton over a potential £100 million deal, as they intend to sign Caicedo from the Seagulls.

Moises Caicedo had in the past tried to force his way out of the south coast of England to Arsenal in January, 2023 but that move couldn't materialize and Caicedo admitted that not joining Arsenal was “tough”.

20230712_081430.jpg

However, he is now closing in on a potential move to Chelsea and speaking concerning the potential move, Caicedo shared how keen he was to join the club.

In an interview with La Cancha Con Majo, Moises Caicedo insisted that Chelsea are a very big team and London is also a very beautiful city.

He said: “It's a big team, that's true! A very historic team and I can't say no because it is a very big, historic, beautiful team. The city as well is beautiful.”

Brighton were determined to keep one of their best assets back in January and they rejected offers in the region of £70 - £75 million from Arsenal.

After they waded off Arsenal's interest in the midfielder, they tied him down on a new five-year deal, which should keep him at the club until 2027.

In spite of much rave about his future with the Seagulls, Moises Caicedo appears unperturbed by what the future holds.

He said: “It's a very great emotion. What guy wouldn't want them to be talking about him?

“I know how to handle it. I don't get carried away by emotions. I'm enjoying time with my family for now. There is pressure, but I am calm.

The 21-year-old apparently believes in the supernatural being and he expressed that he is “waiting for whatever God decides”.

Caicedo said: “I am waiting for whatever God decides. He will know what is best for me.”

The Ecuadorian joined Brighton for £4.5 million in January 2021 on a three-year deal from Independiente del Valle.

20230712_081424.jpg

If the Seagulls sell him for the current amount they are demanding, they are set to make a staggering profit of over £95 million on Caicedo.

He made 53 appearances for Brighton last season, scoring 2 goals and providing 2 assists across all competitions.

Moises Caicedo assisted the Seagulls to a 6th-placed Premier League finish last term and that resulted in Brighton qualifying for the Europa League for the first time in the club's history.

The Ecuadorian said that he is very thankful to God for what he has so far in his career and he is happy to be doing what he likes the most.

He said: “The truth is this has been a dream year for me. Thanks to God I have achieved many things and I am very happy to be doing what I like the most at a very high level, and that people are speaking highly of me.

“So that's something that's very, very nice, something that I dreamed of and now I am living it.”

If he joins the Stamford Bridge club, he will become the fourth signing made this summer by Chelsea.

The Blues have already signed Christopher Nkunku, Nicolas Jackson and Diego Moreira this summer and more signings are expected to be made.

Mauricio Pochettino has made the summer a clear out session with majority of first team stars or players surplus to requirements leaving the club.

N'Golo Kante, Kalidou Koulibaly, Edouard Mendy have all left the club to join Saudi Arabian sides; Al Ittihad, Al-Hilal, Al-Ahli respectively.

Kai Havertz, Mason Mount and Mateo Kovacic have also left the club to join Premier League rivals; Arsenal, Manchester United and Manchester City respectively.

Additionally, Ruben loftus-Cheek, Cesar Azpilicueta and Abdul-Rahman Baba have departed the club to join AC Milan, Atletico Madrid and PAOK Salonika respectively.

According to Transfermkt, Chelsea have made nearly €221 million from sales this summer and that definitely offers them enough room to flex their muscles in the transfer market.

Source: https://futballnews.com/i-cant-say-no-to-chelsea-chelsea-target-moises-caicedo-says/