“YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE MONEY BEING A SINGER”.

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
Young boy Seyi Shay said will never make it in music still sees the singer as his mentor.

The boy identified as Mayowa Odueyungbo aka Torrus, a 17-years old, studying Mass Communications at Babcock university says, “I have always known Seyi Shay and I love her music” in his interview with The Punch https://punchng.com/nigerian-idol-s...spite-harsh-criticism-17-year-old-contestant/

Seyi Shay after listening to the boy sing at the audition over the weekend, gave her verdict, saying “I am laughing because I can’t just believe what I just heard. Who told you to come for the show’s audition? You should go back and tell them they’re not your friends. That was not a good one. You have a sweet voice but your performance is terrible. You’re never going to make money being a singer.”

This sparked outrage on Twitter, with many Nigerians coming for her, saying her words are too harsh and not good for the young boy’s growth. Some even called her ‘Upcoming artist’.

In the interview, Torus revealed that “I do not believe that I would never make money through music. Burna Boy once said that if you know yourself, trust yourself, and you are well determined, no one can determine who you are. I picked that up and I will never give up. As for writing a song for Seyi Shay, I have not reached out to her. I can try but I do not know if she is going to reply.

“I am so overwhelmed about how people reached out to me. I got many messages from my family, friends, and talented artists like Duncan Daniels who works with Timi Dakolo. I am being mentored by him.”

He also expresses his love for music and said he is studying Mass Communication to complement his passion for music.