18 yrs old boyfriend that stabbed his girlfriend 25 times & set her body on fire has been sentenced

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
6160b0beaf75c.png

A 18 years old guy who stabbed his girlfriend 25 times and then set her body on fire has pleaded guilty. The crime happened in South Africa, A crime infested country that couldn't control it's citizens.
A teenager who stabbed an 18-year-old girl 25 times and set her alight after realising that she was still alive, has pleaded guilty to charges of rape and murder in the North West High Court, South Africa on Friday October 8.

Karabo Bahurutshe, 19, gave spine-chilling testimony and told the court that he killed his girlfriend, Gomolemo Legae from Seweding village because he did not want to go to jail after she threatened to open a case of rape against him.

Through his legal representative, Bahurutshe told the court that it had all started at a tavern where he was drinking alcohol and smoking dagga.

Bahurutshe told the court that Legae changed her mind after he told her that they wouldn’t have sex at his place but in the streets.

Bahurutshe said he then took out a knife and forced her to undress and raped her.

"I always knew that my conduct was unlawful and punishable,” he said.

He said after the ordeal, Legae threatened to open a case of rape against him. “I did not want to go to jail. I started stabbing her several times,” Bahurutshe said.

He said while at the tavern, Legae arrived with her friends and later told him that she wanted to have sexual intercourse with him.

He said he left her lying on the ground and walked to a nearby petrol station and bought petrol in a two-litre bottle.

He said he poured it on her body. “I knew that stabbing her and setting her body alight may result in her death but nevertheless I did it,” he told the court.

Legae’s family cried uncontrollably as the details came out.

After the court adjourned, Legae’s aunt Gadifele Mashetla said she was happy that Bahurutshe pleaded guilty.

"At least now there is a green light. I want a harsher sentence for him. I want him to go to jail for the rest of his life,” she said.

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
source : Linda Ikeji and NSM news both put this story together. South Africa Crime on women and minority is getting out of hand.