2023: Labour party welcomes Peter Obi heartedly

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
download (4).jpeg

The Labour Party, LP, has reacted to the news that Peter Obi, the former governor of Anambra State, has joined the party.

While welcoming Obi into the Labour Party, the party emphasized that it will work with the former Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and presidential candidate to reclaim Nigeria.

"Dear Peter Obi, welcome to the Labour Party, the party of productivity," the party wrote on Twitter. "Together, we will take back Nigeria."

On Friday, Obi announced his decision to join the LP on Twitter after registering with the party in his Agulu Ward in Anambra State.

"I have chosen a route that I consider to be in line with our aspirations and my mantra of taking the country from consumption to production; and that is the Labour Party, which is synonymous with the people, workers, development, production, securing, and uniting Nigerians as one family," Obi said of his decision to join the Labour Party. Obi resigned from the erstwhile ruling party a few days earlier.