2023 Presidential Election: Everything you need to know, candidates, election etc

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

joseph sunday

Oct 16, 2021
Saraki-1.jpg

I guess the race for the 2023 presidential election is already on the way. The former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, has downplayed the possibility of running for president in 2023.

Saraki has indicated that he will bring up the topic at the right time as his focus is on building a strong party and country.

He said, For any PDP member who really loves the party and cares about the country, it is important to have a party first.

One of the reasons he took responsibility for the National Reconciliation Committee was because the party was going to lose a lot of its momentum. Without a strong party, you cannot achieve your individual ambitions.

He also pointed out that last year, some people have already spoken about their ambitions for 2023 and he has told them that now it cannot be about his personal ambition, but they have to build a strong party.

So his goal now is to build a strong party and they have started the process with the congresses, reconciliation, and hopefully the convention.

When they are done with that, he can talk about individual interests. In due course, he said he wants to respond to the matter when he is ready.

In another news, the former Senate president Bukola Saraki has indicated that some leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) will soon switch to the People's Democratic Party (PDP).

In a presentation on Arise News, Saraki suggested that some of the top APC chieftains leaders would defect towards the 2023 general election, saying the big boys did not make moves at an early stage.

We expect defectors from the ruling party. If you follow the guidelines, you will understand that some of the big players don't cross carpet early; they make their moves very late in the game; so keep paying attention, he said.

The PDP itself had seen certain leaders fall in favor of the ruling APC so they defected.

State governors such as Ben Ayade of Cross River, Dave Umahi of Ebonyi, and Bello Matawalle of Zamfara state have switched over to the ruling party.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
This thread will be about any thing you need to know about the Nigerian Presidential election for the year 2023.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
Dele Momodu declares interest to run for president in 2023

61e02c0475598.jpg

Journalist and publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu, has joined the 2023 presidential race.

Momodu who declared his interest at the PDP headquarters in Abuja today January 13, promised to fix Nigeria if elected into office in 2023.

The former presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party (NCP) in the 2011 election said he is now better prepared to run, adding that he “won’t be intimidated by anyone who feels he or she can buy the whole of Nigeria with loads of cash fraudulently”.

Speaking to newsmen, Momodu said;

“After due consultations with my family, friends and some stakeholders, I have arrived at the decision to contest the 2023 presidential election on the platform of our great party, PDP, if selected as the party’s candidate.

I hasten to add that this is my personal decision, although I have received advice, encouragement and support from diverse quarters since I started my consultations.

I, therefore, offer myself to the PDP as the best aspirant to turn the fortunes of our esteemed party and our well-endowed country around. In this regard, and with a deep sense of humility and profound respect.

I urge the party not to consider picking its candidate based on the usual considerations which had spectacularly failed our country in the past. The mood of the teeming youths, and indeed every patriotic Nigerian, who we need to come out en masse to vote for our party, aligns with this view.

It is for this reason, that I invite our great party, PDP, to accept that it must search for a veritable flag bearer with the requisite leadership and visionary qualities that Nigerians now earnestly yearn for.

“I’m convinced that the time has come to seriously challenge and dislodge those politicians who have held our country to ransom by kidnapping, hijacking and destroying the future of our younger generation and generations yet unborn.

“I’m better prepared now than at the time of my first foray into the fray in 2011, and I am fully ready and certainly capable for the onerous tasks and responsibilities ahead.

“I wish to place on record my firm promise and commitment not to be harassed, bullied or intimidated by anyone who feels he or she can buy the whole of Nigeria with loads of cash fraudulently and illegally filched and taken from the Nigerian people.”

Momodu added that Nigeria “urgently requires a reset and a total redirection”.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
Tinubu says he is running for election, and a lot of other people are also joining the race. pleas what do they like about the election if not for money? and power

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
All of these guys want to run for the Nigerian 2023 presidential election.

_122693637_umahi.png.webp

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
From di national chairman of di ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) party, Ahmed Tinubu, to Ebonyi state govnor, David Umahi and di Chief Whip of di Senate, Orji Uzor Kalu, all of dem don come out to declare interest to become di next presidential candidate to carry APC ticket.

So far though, na only interest all of dem don declare, but to become di presidential candidate of any party for Nigeria and finally di president, dis na di steps any interested pesin suppose take.

Nigeria dey run democratic system of goment and e get rules and principles for elections.