A Nigerian woman, identified as Julien, passed away shortly after complaining of a headache

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

OmoAlaji

Oct 14, 2020
A Nigerian woman, identified as Julien, passed away shortly after complaining of a headache. According to a social media post by Chidozie Kenneth Nwaigwe, Julien had just completed her Master’s degree and was on a sponsorship by the NHS.

In his post, Nwaigwe expressed deep sadness over the tragic loss, stating, “Sad to lose one of our own yesterday. She just completed her Masters and was on sponsorship by the NHS. A simple headache led to brain complications and finally death. RIP Julien. She’s survived by her husband and a 5-year-old son."
cry

May her soul rest in peace!!!

OmoAlaji

Oct 14, 2020
The minister of Education needs to do something about our education sector.

It's not fair that studying for a Masters degree overseas will trigger brain complications for students.

How do you explain it that a person graduates with a 1st class or 2.1 in Nigeria, gets admitted for a Master's degree overseas, then slumps and dies either while still studying or shortly after studying.

This brings me back to what Aunty Rapuokwu, my CRK teacher told me after catching me armed with almost half of the new testament hidden in between my armpit for use as "expo" during one of her exams.

She simply said, "you are only weakening your brain energy by cheating".

And she wasn't wrong; my first visit to the psychiatric hospital as a patient was from a supposed 'brain fäg' because I blanked out after being handed my Further Maths question paper and seeing Quadratic equations that looked like Hieroglyphics.

With that said, I hope village people are finally happy...because how do you rationalize someone not dying from the stress, heartache, poverty and hardship in Nigeria but then dying from a mere headache after succesfully integrating in a country of limitless potentials?

However, it is not right for a religious person like myself to sound so superstitious.

What if it is not underused brain energy or village people that are responsible for all these 'slump-and-die' deaths, but prayerful sidekicks wishing to replace them?

Mama Ramota still says that's the only reason she was scared when she found out I was cheating on her with a born-again Christian