Adesua Etomi-Welligngton reveals how she lost her twins before birth

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
happenings%2F2019-11%2F1b0fa245-eea5-48f4-abcb-c0811abe4318%2Fadesuaetomi_1573249357430.jpg

The popular Nigerian actress reveals this in a chat at The Waterbrook Studio while testifying the Lord's goodness to her and her family.

Adesua, wife to Nigerian singer, Banky W, revealed that she was pregnant with a twin, and she went for a medical scan when the doctor told her they couldn't find the heartbeat of her twin.

“We got pregnant with twins and we had gone for the scans and we had seen the heartbeats. At this point, very few people know when this happened. Every report you have heard is a lie because nobody knew when it happened. We saw the heartbeat and everything was okay.

“During a routine check up, we went back to the hospital to have a scan and I just saw the doctor’s face ― you know when something is wrong; sometimes you can tell. The doctor was scanning and I asked, ‘what is wrong’ but she said nothing.

_117139810_152560823_761360038143283_942069705817601679_n.jpg

“I looked at the nurse’s face and she looked a bit funny too. I asked what was wrong and she said, ‘Adesua, I am looking for the heartbeat.’ I asked, ‘for two of them?’And she said yes. I am actually not going to lie, I started laughing because it did not make any sense to me. I was like, ‘what do you mean you can’t find the heartbeat of both?’ She said ‘Yes’. Banky was not home at the time, so, I went home and I remember being in our living room. When I was at the hospital I was laughing; I was like ‘God knows’.

“When I got home, I literally collapsed on the floor and I wailed. Wailing is not the same thing as crying. Wailing is a deep groaning in your chest. It is like a nut that you cannot get rid of. I am sharing this because so many women go through this but nobody talks about it because it is almost like a thing of shame for whatever reason and I don’t know why, because you don’t control your body; you don’t create yourself.

“I want to give a shout-out to every single woman that has gone through IVF. I know what you have gone through. I have veins in my hand that no longer work; they are so traumatized that you cannot get blood out of them. IVF is a very tasking thing ― emotionally and physically on your body, mentally it is very tough.

“It was very tough; it was very hard. I was going through it while going through the fact that every day I will hear one rumour or the other. Some said I was barren, some said my husband was impotent or I had done something to my womb. It was very hard, but I am saying this because I promised God that I would and there is nothing anybody can do to make me shut up about the goodness of God.

“It is funny how we can accept that the other organs might need help; you can get a heart transplant, you can get help with your kidneys, but when it comes to the reproductive organs, it is like a dirty topic nobody wants to talk about. I think it is really important that we talk about it."

Eu1F3m4XMAIK24f-e1613998696476.jpg

The actress gave birth to a baby boy in February, with her husband, Banky W, releasing a single to thank the Lord and also encourage others to trust God on whatever issue they are going through. He titled the song Final Say.