All she did was offer me words of encouragement, Music producer Roy calls out Mercy Chinwo over unpaid royalties

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Mercy-Chinwolk-e1612008824411.jpg

Music producer Roy reveals how gospel singer Mercy Chinwo refused to pay his royalties despite working tirelessly to produce her songs.

Roy revealed this in the recent episode of The Honest Bunch podcast. He recalled how he slept in the studio countless times to produce songs for Mercy Chinwo, including her hit singles Excess Love, Omeka Naya, Bless Me, Receive, Incredible God.

Roy said he thought working with Mercy Chinwo would change his life but he didn't get a dime from all the songs he produced for the gospel artist. He recalled how he called Mercy Chinwo for financial assistance when his father developed a stroke and all she did was offer him words of encouragement.

This sparked reactions among social media users who shared their thoughts in the comments. See some reactions:

@iamprestige_ said, "Most of these gospel artists aren't saints or born again Christians. I keep saying it.
@iamjcee_ said, "Be like table wan break o"
@innogonz said, "Ensure we get to hear Mercy Chinwo's side of the story because this is unbelievable."