Angel Di Maria To Retire From International Football After 2024 Copa America Final

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

David Adesina

Jul 12, 2024
Angel Di Maria will retire from the national team of Argentina after the final of the 2024 Copa America being held in the United States.

Di Maria's last game for La Albiceleste will be against Colombia, as Lionel Scaloni's side are striving to secure back-to-back continental titles.

When Did Di Maria Make His Debut With Argentina?

Angel Di Maria has given his all for Argentina and his impact is visible to everyone since he made his debut for the country on September 6, 2008, in a 1-1 draw with Paraguay, in a qualification encounter for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

Di Maria With Argentina At Major Tournaments

The 36-year-old has delivered clutch performances time and time again for Argentina, scoring decisive goals that have either aided their course to victory or saved them during precarious situations.

Di Maria scored the crucial goal for La Albiceleste during the 2021 Copa America, helping Lionel Scaloni's side defeat Brazil 1-0 in the final.

Angel Di Maria also scored against France during the 2022 FIFA World Cup final, netting the second goal in their 3-3 draw with Didier Deschamps' side.

He also won the penalty for Lionel Scaloni's side to get the opener against Les Bleus, after Ousmane Dembele was deemed to have fouled Di Maria in the box.

Lionel Messi certainly has men like Angel Di Maria for his successes at the international level, given how they have turned up when it mattered most.

Messi will always cherish the combination he had with the former Real Madrid man, as it yielded the right dividend for Argentina.

Angel Di Maria Speaking On His Retirement From International Football

Anyway, speaking with DSportsRadio ahead of the final on his last game for La Albiceleste, Di Maria shared that he is not ready to retire from the national team but “it's time”.

Angel Di Maria expressed that irrespective of the outcome of the 2024 Copa America final, he would not alter his decision to retire from the national team.

He said: “I'm not ready for my last game in the national team, but it's time.

“Whatever happens in the final, I think I can leave through the front door. I gave everything. I always gave my life for this jersey.”

Angel Di Maria

Di Maria is certainly one of the best players of his generation and he is known for his technical ability, agility, passing, and vision.

His Personal Details

Angel Fabian Di Maria was born on February 14, 1998, in Rosario, Argentina, to father Miguel Di Maria and mother Diana Hernandez.

The 36-year-old has two siblings, sisters; Evelyn and Vanesa Di Maria Hernandez.

Angel Di Maria is married to Jorgelina Cardoso, who he tied the knot with in 2011, and they have two daughters together, namely; Mia Di Maria (11) and Pia Di Maria (7).

Angel Di Maria's Net Worth, Salary And Market Value

The Argentine has a net worth estimated to be around €50 million - €65 million, and he is currently unattached (without a club) after his contract with Benfica expired on June 30, 2024.

Angel Di Maria is currently valued at €3 million according to Transfermkt.

Meanwhile, Di Maria is expected to sign a one-year deal to remain at Benfica, with the decision said to be confirmed by both parties, according to reports.

Clubs He Has Played For

Angel Di Maria has played for several top clubs in his career, including; Real Madrid, Manchester United, Juventus, and Paris Saint Germain.

Di Maria's Achievements

He has also had a trophy-laden career winning several trophies, including; 1 UEFA Champions League, 1 UEFA Super Cup, and 7 league titles.

Internationally, Di Maria has won the Under 20 World Cup with Argentina alongside a gold medal at the Olympics, 1 Copa America, and 1 FIFA World Cup.

Angel Di Maria Career Stats

Angel Di Maria has made 641 appearances, scoring 162 goals, and providing 295 assists thus far in his career.

He has also been capped 144 times for Argentina, scoring 31 goals and providing 32 assists.

Di Maria is expected to make his 145 international appearance against Colombia and he will be hoping to bow out of the national team on a high.

Read More Here: https://futballnews.com/angel-di-ma...ional-football-after-2024-copa-america-final/

Last edited: