Arsenal Legend Reveals He Left The London Club Because Of A Woman

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Arsenal legend Emmanuel Petit has revealed that he left Arsenal because of a woman. He referred to the transfer as the biggest regret of his career.

The former French midfielder became an Arsenal legend but left the club to join Barcelona in 2000 after only three seasons at the club.

In an interview with Stadium Astro, the former Arsenal midfielder said, "For a woman, I always loved Barcelona and Madrid, two of the biggest clubs in the world. But I should have stayed with Arsenal, definitely."

"You know, sometimes the grass is not greener somewhere else. It's better to stay where you are when you receive love and happiness and are successful. Why would you leave? Definitely [a big regret]. If I could turn the clock back, I would probably make a different decision."

Arsene Wenger, who was in charge of the football club, brought Petit to Monaco. The duo won the Premier League and the FA Cup in the space of three years at Arsenal.

However, his relationship with Arsenal became entirely sour when the player joined Chelsea after just one year at Barcelona. The intelligent midfielder spent three seasons at Chelsea before retiring due to a massive leg injury.

How old is Emmanuel Petit?

The retired midfielder was born on September 22, 1970, in the city of Dieppe, France. The Frenchman is currently 53 years old, with a height of 6 feet and 1 inch.

What is Emmanuel Petit doing now?

After the player retired from on-field duties in 2004, he proceeded to become a French pundit. He continues to influence the upcoming generations in football.

In addition, the Frenchman remains an influential figure in sports whom the youngsters look up to.

Emmanuel Petit Achievement

He won the FIFA World Cup and the Euro Cup with France. He won the Premier League, the FA Cup, and the Community Shield with Arsenal Football Club. In addition, the football star won the Ligue 1 and French Cup with Monaco.

Emmanuel Petit Stats

The defensive midfielder had made 523 appearances, scoring 20 goals and creating 44 assists in all competitions. He received 65 yellow cards and seven red cards in his career.

Out of the 20 goals scored in his club career, five were for FC Monaco, 11 for Arsenal, three for Chelsea, and one for Barcelona.

He made his national team debut for France on August 19, 1990. The midfielder proceeded to make 63 appearances, scoring six goals in all competitions.

He played a prominent role over the years in the success of both Arsenal and France.

What do you think about Emmanuel Petit's statement about leaving Arsenal because of a woman? Air your views in the comment section.