Brighton Star Joel Veltman Begged For His Jersey Back Amid GPS Saga

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Ken Ibenne

May 8, 2023
Joel Veltman begged Brighton fans to return his jersey after throwing it into the away end of the City Ground following Brighton's victory over Nottingham Forest.

KJGc1FLNo7EgOyANJmI6ysGMABhfu34w0fCY6AWI10vyrv2sapRbSgbef8FsgfyVBXVK4rGD0dlxnGoo8Qbz6F4-OvTqym3MiF_sQ8ud5ohjjOMgK50SJq5KW7tX-szpfe4Z8Kvkd4UUV8yp0NvowQY

Every Premier League player wears a tiny device called a Global Positioning System, which tracks their movements during games.

Managers and sports scientists at clubs evaluate the vital data they offer when assessing players' moves on the pitch.

However, Veltman lost his unit in the noisy revelries that ensued after Brighton's ten-man team's victory over Nottingham Forest, ending their six-game Premier League losing streak.

And he was seen pleading with the fortunate Brighton fan who possesses it to give it back to him.

He stated: “I was just so happy as we celebrated our win that I threw my shirt into the fans."

“The problem was that my GPS was still in it, so that was a bit sad for me. I went back to ask for it but they thought I wanted my shirt back and were long gone. I just wanted the GPS.”

The idea of giving his GPS to club officials and their confusion over how he was able to record a top speed of 70 mph for nearly an hour became a course of concern for the player at the end of the game.

Another frustrated player on the Brighton's side besides Veltman, was Lewis Dunk, the skipper of the Seagulls, who lost his head in the game.

Dunk somehow received a yellow card and a red card in 12 seconds.

He was sent off in less than four seconds, making it the fastest period for a player to receive two bookings in a Premier League match since Gabriel Martinelli, an Arsenal star, against Wolves in February 2022.

During a penalty check, the player got too unnecessarily close to referee Anthony Taylor as he looked at the pitchside monitor, earning him an automatic yellow card.

Joel Veltman​

Joel Veltman is a Dutch footballer who was born on 15 January 1992 and plays as a defender for Brighton & Hove Albion and the Netherlands national team.

Veltman is a product of the Ajax youth academy. He made 246 appearances for the Amsterdam club before he signed for Premier League side Brighton in July 2020 for a £900,000 fee on a three-year deal.

The defender has won 28 caps for the Netherlands national team since his debut in November 2013.