C&I Leasing, Mutual Benefits, and NNFM Lead This Week’s Stock Picks Amid Strong Market Performance

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Olori Uwem

Mar 18, 2024
C&I Leasing, Mutual Benefits, and NNFM Lead This Week’s Stock Picks Amid Strong Market Performance

Last week, the Nigerian stock market advanced by 0.5%, fueled by increased investor demand in sectors like consumer goods and oil & gas. This surge came as companies began releasing financial reports for the first nine months of 2024, which are expected to significantly influence stock prices over the coming weeks.

Top Stock Picks:

1. C&I Leasing

• Trading below its intrinsic value, C&I Leasing is highlighted for its attractive valuation. With a price-to-book (PB) ratio of 0.4x and a price-to-earnings (PE) ratio of 7.5x, it presents a compelling option for investors looking for undervalued stocks.

2. Mutual Benefits Assurance

• This insurance company is also trading below its true value, with strong potential for future price appreciation. It boasts a PB ratio of 0.4x and a PE ratio of 2.4x, making it an attractive option for long-term investment.

3. Northern Nigerian Flour Mills (NNFM)

• NNFM is another stock currently trading below its intrinsic value. With a PB ratio of 0.8x and a PE ratio of 4.1x, it shows potential for future gains.

4. Access Holdings

• While not as significantly undervalued, Access Holdings is trading slightly below its book value with a PB ratio of 0.2x and a PE ratio of 0.9x.

5. AIICO Insurance

• AIICO makes the list for trading significantly below its intrinsic value. Its PB ratio is 0.7x, while its PE ratio is 2.2x.

6. Zenith Bank

• Zenith Bank rounds out the picks with a PB ratio of 1.3x and a PE ratio of 0.5x, indicating it’s also trading at a discount.

Market Outlook:

The energy sector has led market performance this year, with some stocks doubling in value since January. However, several banking stocks with strong fundamentals continue to offer good value for money, making them attractive investment options.

Disclaimer: This guide is not a recommendation to buy, sell, or hold these stocks. Investors are encouraged to consult with a financial advisor before making investment decisions.