Can't we beat ourselves up like the male artists? Singer Teni challenges female Afrobeats artists

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Can't we beat ourselves up like the male artists? Singer Teni challenges female Afrobeats artists​

147166_Z24UaL97vu1GWM0DH9lbjyaqcASn_b.jpg

Singer Teniola Apata aka Teni calls upon fellow female Afrobeats singers to try to spice things up like their male counterparts. She said the men are the ones disturbing the internet by throwing bants and trolling one another online while the females have maintained peace within their circle. She urged them to come out and fight so fans would have interesting stories to tell.

In Teni's words, "Female artists, shey we no fit beat ourselves ni? Make we catch ourselves for outside, and insult our mothers. Me and Ayra Starr should just meet up, I will beat her. Who be Ayra Starr? In fact who I fit fight? Physical fight o, no be the one wey we go see ourselves say f*ck you bitch. I'm talking about the kind where we would fight physically. Tiwa Savage, Yemi Alade, Simi."

This post sparked tons of hilarious reactions from industry colleagues and fans, making everyone find a sane ground amid the ongoing banters between the male Afrobeats artists.

Last edited: