CEO of ChatGPT's Open AI, Sam Altman gets fired

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Esther A

Jul 28, 2022
Nigeria
CEO of ChatGPT's Open AI, Sam Altman gets fired

Screenshot_20231118-110208_Google.jpg

The CEO of ChatGPT's Open AI, Sam Altman has been fired. San Altman is no longer the CEO of OpenAI. The company announced this change on Friday, November 17, 2023. They revealed that their decision to remove Sam Altman had been after a deliberative review process the Board of the company had carried out.

Sam Altman is the Former CEO of OpenAI. His full name is Samuel Harris Altman. He is a 38 year old American entrepreneur and an investor. He began working as the chief executive officer (CEO) of OpenAI in 2020 and his position has now been terminated. Sam Altman was born on the 22nd April 1985 in Chicago, Illinois, United States. He graduated from Stanford University in 2005.

Screenshot_20231118-110233_Google.jpg

The company released a statement about the recent incident. They stated “Mr. Altman’s departure follows a deliberative review process by the board, which concluded that he was not consistently candid in his communications with the board, hindering its ability to exercise its responsibilities. The board no longer has confidence in his ability to continue leading OpenAI"

Screenshot_20231118-110221_Google.jpg

They have gotten a replacement who will resume work effective immediately. The new CEO is the former Chief technology officer, Mira Murati. They revealed that the company is currently still searching for a permanent CEO.

Sam Altman has also reacted to the news. He took to his Twitter to reveal that he loves his time at the company.
He stated “I loved my time at OpenAI. It was transformative for me personally, and hopefully the world a little bit.” In a follow-up post, he described the experience of his firing as “sorta like reading your own eulogy while you’re still alive.”