David Moyes: West Ham United Could Fire The Scotsman If They Lose Conference League Final

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Adesina David

May 14, 2023
Despite leading West Ham United to its first European final since 1976, the future of David Moyes with the hammers is uncertain.

West Ham are accommodating the eventuality of dismissing Moyes, heightening the pressure on the Scotsman ahead of Wednesday's Europa Conference League clash with Fiorentina.

It is understood that the Hammers' trust in the former Manchester United manager has reduced drastically since the Premier League season concluded and they are undecided on their next move.

However, reports suggest that David Moyes' future with the English side could be based on West Ham United lifting their first major trophy in 43 years.

It is an unstable situation, and as recently as last week, the belief was that David Moyes would remain with the Hammers after guiding the side to their first European final since 1976.

Jubilant scenes and a bubbling atmosphere revolved around the side after they defeated AZ Alkmaar to progress to the final.

The Hammers also finished the season on a good note as they guaranteed their safety in the Premier League at the dying embers of the season.

images - 2023-06-03T092258.056.jpeg

No decision has been made so far regarding the future of David Moyes but West Ham United already have their sights on possible replacements.

A victory in the Conference League final over Fiorentina in Prague most likely would elongate his stay at the London stadium.

If West Ham United does get beaten it wouldn't necessarily result in David Moyes exit but it would make them perceive their season in a new light.

The 3-time FA Cup winners have penned down four potential managers who they could acquire if David Moyes is ousted from the club.

Brendan Rogers, Graham Potter, Paulo Fonseca and at least one unnamed manager have been shortlisted.

Some names on this shortlist also had dismal performances in their last clubs managed and as such it begs the question what change would they be offering to West Ham United.

The Hammers had a subpar campaign finishing 14th on the Premier League table with 40 points in spite of spending about £160 million last summer.

The club's hierarchy has expressed discontent with some of the acquisitions last summer and they are looking to acquire a director of football.

Any individual who is appointed has also been told that Declan Rice could be on a move away from the side with several clubs interested in the Englishman.

David Moyes' job at West Ham United is still in a great position after he guided the club to a 6th placed finish in the 2020/21 season in addition to a 7th placed ending the following season.

Lifting the Conference League would offer the Hammers qualification into next season's Europa League and the players are firmly behind David Moyes.

The 60-year-old has came close to being fired at least twice this campaign and it is believed that Raphael Benitez was looked at as a possible replacement.

In January, Moyes could have been dismissed if West Ham United lost to Everton.

In April as well, the former Everton boss could have been a gooner if his side lost to Fulham.

https___getfootball.eu_wp-content_uploads_2023_06_leicester-city-v-west-ham-united-premier-lea...jpg

Meanwhile, Celtic have penciled down David Moyes as a possible replacement for Ange Postecoglou who has been strongly linked to Tottenham Hotspur.

The 60-year-old was questioned about the speculations regarding a return to the club he represented as a player and he said:

“I’ve never even considered it. I’m West Ham manager and I’m really enjoying my period here. The club have been so good to me and we’re enjoying the journey we’re on here.

“I’m hopefully trying to continue growing a really good football club so I’ve not given it any consideration.

“Through my years, I’ve been linked with lots of jobs at different times, but I have to say I’m really happy at the moment settled where I am.”

Source: https://futballnews.com/david-moyes...cotsman-if-they-lose-conference-league-final/