Ex-Manchester United Star Opens Door To Work In England, Spain, or Germany

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Former Manchester United star Ruud van Nistelrooy has turned down work vacancies in his country but declines to turn down jobs in the Premier League or further abroad.

The Dutchman is one of a few members of Sir Alex Ferguson's best players who went on to become top manager.

Van Nistelrooy’s coaching experience arises from the Netherlands. The 47-year-old former United striker won the Dutch Cup as well as the Netherlands’ equivalent of the Community throughout 12 months.

He is known as one of United’s finest goalscorers, however, the Dutchman recently spoke about turning down offers from his country and waiting for a call from England, Spain, or Germany.

Speaking about the chance to work abroad, he said; "I have proposals from various clubs, also in my own country, but I would love to work in England or Spain".

"I want to coach in a league where I have played because in those countries I speak the language fluently. In my opinion, I have gained plenty of experience. I have gone through the ranks".

"I did the younger youth teams at PSV Eindhoven, I was coach of the under-21s and subsequently became manager of the first team. I have managed a lot of different players. I helped young talented players develop, and let them grow, like Gakpo, Madueke (Johan) Bakayoko, and Xavi Simons. I was able to support them in their development".

He added; "It matters to me that it is a well-organized club. I still want to work with young players, but ideally with a mixture of experienced professionals. I want to help them improve and bring a winning mentality. The latter is the most important thing. With my style of football".

The Dutch striker spent five years with Manchester United between 2001-2006 and went on to become one of the club's legendary players.

Van Nistelrooy had already established himself as one of the most clinical finishers in world football winning several accolades with the Red Devils including the Premier League titles.

He was part of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad that guided the Old Trafford outfit to their 20th Premier League title in 2012.

What's next for Van Nistelrooy?

It remains to be seen where the 47-year-old will be headed if he departs his homeland.

If you think Van Nistelrooy would succeed in the Premier League or La Liga let us know in the comments section.