Fireboy drops new music 'Yawa' - see fans reactions

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

Fireboy DML, whose real name is Adedamola Adefolahan, has wowed his fans and music enthusiasts with his latest music 'Yawa' which was released a few hours ago.

Shockingly, Yawa has gotten up to 1.8m views on YouTube since the singer announced its release on social media.

People have been expressing their love for the artiste song, most especially his voice, lyrical flow and unique style of making music. It's been a while since Fireboy dropped a song so people were gingered to see what the artist has been cooking. Some even rated 'Yawa' a 10/10 while people like @CFC_Yusuph said it's, "100/10, Rema need schooling from this guy"

Similar reactions from music enthusiasts:
@ImoPunter: Normal, e gel pass sunglass
@alltime_funto: I just feel the reason he as not been dropping songs is cos he doesn’t feel like rather he has not been feeling whatever songs he has been making. This Yawa feels like he recorded it last week just to shut people up. When he is fully ready we go hear am. He is a good artist
@SamVick44: I be raver but the song is a solid 10
Spinned more than 10times
@Danielisfine2: Best song to come out of YBNL this year.

Despite the praises that people have showered on 'Yawa', some didn't consider it to be worth the hype.

People like @luxurytatashey said, "Nah… that song is mid and I’m not a raver or whatever you called it."

@Ami_Full_Spec: tbh, almost everyone who rated this song bad in the CS is a raver(rema die hard fan), if this isn't some sort of jealousy or hatred , i don't think there's any other term to describe it

Another follower said 'Yawa' is , "Mid... Not impressed at all but still better than REMA."

Be the judge by watching the video here.