Gabonese president Ali Bongo seeks help from the public following military coup

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
The ousted Gabonese president Ali Bongo has appealed to the public for assistance following the military takeover in the country on Wednesday.

_130934649_gettyimages-1636025674-1.jpg

Recall that the Gabonese military force took over power and overthrew the democratic government following the announcement of election results which ushered Ali Bongo into another tenure of power.

The military junta has sacked president Ali Bongo and put him under house arrest.

The coup d'etat was fueled by Ali Bongo's corrupt government and to leave power since 2009, most especially, the fraudulent means by which he won the election.

Ali Bongo in a video, pleaded with his 'friends' in parts of the world to come to his rescue and salvage the situation. He said his wife and son are in a different place and he is alone in his residence.

"I don't know what's going on. I'm calling you to make noise. I'm begging you.", he pleaded.

Video credit: X @MobilePunch