Gay Australian Footballer Josh Cavallo Proposed To His Partner Leighton Morrell On The Pitch

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
May 8, 2023
Trailblazing gay Australian footballer Josh Cavallo proposed to his partner on the pitch of Adelaide United, saying he feels the pitch is the safest place to propose.

He proposed to his boyfriend, Leighton Morrell, and posted the picture of him dropping on his knee on his home ground.

He took to his social media account, saying, "Thank you, Adelaide United, for helping set up this surprise."

"Your endless support has meant so much to me. You have provided a safe space in football, one that I never, in my dreams, thought could ever be possible, and encouraged me to live every day of my life authentically."

"It felt right to share this special moment on the pitch, where it all started."

The footballer, who received overwhelming support from the global football association when he came out in 2021 as gay, said, "It felt right to share this special moment on the pitch, where it all started.”

In 2021, the 24-year-old Australian midfielder became the first footballer to come out as gay. Due to that, Cavallo made headlines internationally.

Who is Josh Cavallo?
He is an Australian player who was born on November 13, 1999, in the city of Bentleigh East, Australia. The footballer is currently 24 years old and has a height of 5 feet and 9 inches.

The footballer was initially interested in playing tennis, but his brother encouraged him to play football. Since his first kick of the ball, he has never turned back.

The midfielder started his youth career with a Melbourne victory at the age of 15. On April 15, 2019, the player moved to Western United.

However, due to a lack of playing time at Western United, Cavallo moved to Adelaide United on February 18, 2021.
In the 2020–21 season, the midfielder earned different accolades, including Adelaide United A-League Rising Star after he played 15 games in a season.

The midfielder has made a total of 110 appearances, scoring six goals in all competitions.

Cavallo is a versatile player due to his ability to play in different positions.

Players Who Came Out As Gays in Football History
1. Justin Fashanu (who came out in 1990)
2. Thomas Berling (came out in 2001)
3. Marcus Urban (came out in 2007)
4. Olivier Rouyer (came out in 2008)
5. Anton Hysen (came out in 2011)
6. David Testo (came out in 2011)
7. Robbie Rogers (came out in 2013)
8. Thomas Hitzlsperger (came out in 2014)
9. Liam Davies (came out in 2014)
10. Phuti Lekoloane (came out in 2015)

What do you think about Josh Cavallo proposing to his partner, Leighton Morrell, on the pitch? Air your views in the comment section.