Give her few years, she'll understand better, Student mocked for supporting the motion in school debate "Education is better than money"

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
A female student known as Eze Chidera sparked reactions online after a video of her speaking at her school's debate surfaced online.

In a video making the rounds online, the student spoke about the importance of education over money as she elaborated on a debate topic, "Education is better than money". This debate topic is one of the most discussed topics in Nigerian school debate clubs.

Typically, a child is meant to aspire to be educated from birth in his formative years but with the current Nigerian economic state, most citizens aspire to be rich and able to afford basic social amenities. This video triggered reactions online as netizens said the girl would retract her statement in a few years after she gets the true understanding of life.

@AtarodoScotch said, "Collect that mic from her before I open my eyes. Come back and support that motion in a few years. Nonsense"
@itsleeswhag said, "I think the educational system in Nigeria shouldn’t allow this kind of debate happen in schools. This is miseducation."
@miraclejoe241 said, "Wetin you won take sponsor the education? Make una teacher dey talk true"
@SBK4116 said, "In the next 5 years she will tell us a man needs to press 20 million on talking stage"