Give Tinubu time to get things done, Yakubu Gowon says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
MixCollage-21-Feb-2024-06-27-PM-9548.jpg

Former Head of State Yakubu Gowon has urged Nigerians to give Pres. Tinubu more time, exercise patience, and allow his plans to come to fruition.

During an interview after a closed meeting with Pres. Tinubu yesterday, Gowon acknowledged the president's efforts to salvage the economic situation and urged Nigerians not to be hasty in making conclusions about the administration.

He affirmed that the people's anger and agitation are valid and they are expected to react to the economic hardship.

He stated, "I was telling him that there’s no Nigerian leader that can get there, that will not get all of these, all that is being said about him. But certainly, there is no doubt about all that one has heard and seen from various media. I think the government is trying its best to deal with the various problems of the country.

But with Nigerians, don’t worry, you will get criticized but people who get there know better than you know. I think all one can say to Nigerians is that they have to give the President time to get things done and it is too early to sort of say a perfect result will be achieved. That is my opinion."