Google India Makes A Decision To Layoff Over 400 Staff From Different Operations

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosPolice

Administrator
Oct 14, 2020
A confirmed report said that Google, one of the tech giants, has decided to lay off approximately 453 staff in India. Remember we reported that Alphabet Inc, Google's parent company, said they would be laying off 12,000 workers from their workforce as they plan to reduce its total headcount by 6% worldwide.
The mail addressing the layoff amidst Google India was sent out by Sanjay Gupta, the Country Head and Vice President, who notified the affected employees in the mail he sent. The mail was sent with queries seeking comments from Google India which did not elicit any reply.

The words of Google CEO, Sundar Pichai​

In an email addressing the layoff, the CEO, Sundai Pichai, in a memo sent to the staff, said he takes full responsibility for the hard decision the company had to take, which has brought them to the position they are now.
"We've already sent a separate email to employees in the US who are affected. In other countries, this process will take longer due to local laws and practices," he had said.
Sundia also said Google had undertaken a "rigorous review across product areas and functions" to ensure that people and roles are aligned with the company's highest priorities.
"The roles we're eliminating reflect the outcome of that review. They cut across Alphabet, product areas, functions, levels, and regions," he wrote in the mail.

The Affected staff​

Some Google India staff have taken to their LinkedIn account to talk about the layoff. A Google India staff, Rajneesh Kumar, in a post on LinkedIn, said, "Earlier today, we received news of some highly skilled and talented colleagues being affected by the recent layoffs at Google India."
Also, an account manager, Kamal Dave, who works with Google India, said, "I was a part of Google India Layoffs yesterday. At Google, I focused on delivering Digital Marketing Goals for multiple industries at the top of their food chain in India as a key strategic Account Manager / Consultant."
Moving forward, Saptak Mohanta, who is from the Singapore office, said he is "gutted to lose a lot of my brilliant colleagues and friends as part of Google's layoffs in Singapore and India last night." Mohanta worked as a Programme Manager at Google.

More news on Tech Companies​

Earlier in January, tech Giant Microsoft said it would be cutting 10,000 jobs which are around 5% of its entire workforce globally. Amazon also announced it would be laying off 18,000 employees from its company. Also, we reported that Facebook's parent Meta made a decision to reduce its headcount by cutting 11,000 positions globally.
In other news, YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki has decided to step down from the video-sharing company. Neal Mohan will lead as the Senior Vice President and the new Head of YouTube. Susan joined YouTube as the CEO in 2014, and in her words, said
"Today, after nearly 25 years here, I've decided to step back from my role as the head of YouTube and start a new chapter focused on my family, health, and personal projects I'm passionate about," she said.
The report has it and quoted her saying she will continue to work with YouTube teams, the coaching members, and meeting with creators.

Final words on Google​

The Google India is located majorly in Gurugram and Hyderabad. It is worth noting that Google said it's reason for laying of it's workers is because of the overhiring procedure they had in the last two years during COVID-19 pandemic. Also, the tough decisions were taken because of the poor macroeconomic conditions.
In addition the tech company is in the process of prioritizing the developments in AI (Artificial Intelligence), and this is because Google wants to rival with ChatGPT which is working closely with Microsoft.
We don't know what to expect next, but we believe things will find clarity over time. We have so many job updates, that you can check HERE as well.

Tags:
Google Google layoff Alphabet Inc Layoff Layoffs News Hubforjobs Google India YouTubeAmazon Facebook Information

source : https://hubforjobs.com/google-india...yoff-over-400-staff-from-different-operations

DinoOmoAle

Feb 28, 2023
Google will have to post more job openings very soon, so they can find good talent to hire. This will also mean that they are positioned to work short staffed.