Gov. Ikpeazu wins PDP senatorial ticket for Abia south

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!
Apr 29, 2022
images (26).jpeg

Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu chose the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ticket on Tuesday to run for the Abia South Senatorial District seat in the 2023 general election.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), the lone aspirant, Gov. Ikpeazu, emerged unopposed as the party's candidate at the Enyimba International Stadium in Aba. Chief Ndidi Okereke, the Returning Officer, said 198 delegates were accredited for the exercise.

According to Okereke, Ikpeazu received 198 votes and won the primary election unopposed. Following the exercise, Ikpeazu thanked the party leadership and praised the election's conduct, which he described as "clean and transparent."

He stated that he was ready to develop programs and policies that would change the fortunes of the Abia South Senatorial District in the coming days.

If elected senator in 2023, Ikpeazu promised to provide quality representation and to protect the interests of the people.

"I'd like to express my gratitude to the delegates from the six local government areas and dedicate this victory to our statutory delegates." They were barred from participating in today's exercise not because of any wrongdoing on their part, but because some laws did not receive Mr. President's assent.

"I am especially interested in women, young people, and the voiceless." "I pray that Almighty God will grant me the power, strength, opportunity, and privilege to serve the people of Abia South to the best of my ability through the instrument of the mandate you have given me," he said.