Hansi Flick to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

LagosBwoi

Mar 16, 2021
Lagos
TWITTER
_ahyorhinde_
rbl_fcb_1920_flick.jpg

After spending just fourteen months at Bayern Munich, the German tactician has decided to leave his position as the head coach of German champion, Bayern Munich and take up the role of the German national team head coach after the Euro 2020 tournament in the summer.

Hansi Flick, who led Bayern Munich to Champions League victory in his first season, also winning the DFB-Pokal and the German Bundesliga took over the Bavarian job in November 2019.

The 56-years old tactician told Sky German, on his announcement made to the team, "I told the team today that I informed the club during the week after the game in Paris that I would like to terminate my contract at the end of the season,

"It was important to me that the team heard it from me. I am very grateful that I was allowed to accompany the team."

Some of his top players have this to say on his announcement.

Manuel Neuer; "That was an emotional moment for all of us. We have to process that as a team-first because we had a very successful and beautiful time [under Flick]."

His fellow compatriot and top assist maker for Bayern Munich, Thomas Muller said, "He told us that he will be leaving. He didn't give any reasons and he doesn't have to. He has given a lot of energy in the past year and a half. As a coach at FC Bayern, you basically need a thick skin."

Flick was reported to have had a fallout with the Bayern Munich hierarchy sometime last year, once served as an assistant to Joachim Low, who is the current Germany national team coach, stepping down after the EURO 2020 Tournament.

Bayern Munich are looking to replace Hansi Flick with Liverpool's boss, Jurgen Klopp or RB Leipzig Nagelsmann.