How Do I get my dividends paid into my account?

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Iruka

Apr 29, 2020
Greetings sir/ma,

Iruka my name please, I have few questions regarding shares and its dividends.

My late father bought shares in 7up plc in 1992 through the advice/ help of a friend as time goes by the company would send his dividends our postal mailbox then but the so-called friend didn't explain or educate him on how to cash out or pay in this dividends into his account from that till they both passed on.

My question is it possible for my family to cash those dividends?

Also I secured shares in First bank and Fin Bank now FCMB in 2008 fcmb and the first bank hasn't issued any certificate to me either have I received a kobo as dividends from any of the said companies. I bought the share out of pity because a friend was working with a company that manages shares he was given a target to and also promised to help recover my dad's dividends but after purchased the shares he was transferred and we lost contact.

Please, I will be grateful if anyone can advise and the guild my family on how to go the proper documentation and earning of the said dividends.

Simonson Harry

Apr 21, 2020
I did my research and found this, i hope this helps.

How to Check and Claim Your Dividends

Follow the link below to check if you or your family members have unclaimed dividends. You will need to type just your name.

www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Once you have confirmed an unclaimed dividend under your name, the process is easy:

1. Take note of your Registrar’s name
  2. Note the name of the company you have their shares
  3. Take note of your investment account number
  4. Click on the link at the top of the SEC Portal and download your Registrar’s e-mandate form
  5. Complete the form and send to your local bank or your Registrar’s office with a copy of your passport photo.
That’s it! Your Bank or your Registrar will do the rest! Once you have been verified and processed, you will receive all your unclaimed dividends. They will be paid into your chosen bank account.

Click here: www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

OR

1. Gather information about your shares: name of the company, account number, Registrar's name and your name.
  2. Get you bank details: account name, account number, BVN, address etc.
  3. Go to your Registrar's office or the bank where you have an account.
  4. Request for the e-dividend registration form
  5. Complete the form and submit it back to your Bank or Registrar with a copy of your passport photograph.
  6. You are done! Your bank or Registrar will do the rest!
If you are not certain that you or your loved ones bought shares or if your names are listed, do not give up. Continue to check back on the SEC's e-dividend portal for when it becomes available here: www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Iruka

Apr 29, 2020
I did my research and found this, i hope this helps.

How to Check and Claim Your Dividends

Follow the link below to check if you or your family members have unclaimed dividends. You will need to type just your name.

www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Once you have confirmed an unclaimed dividend under your name, the process is easy:

1. Take note of your Registrar’s name
  2. Note the name of the company you have their shares
  3. Take note of your investment account number
  4. Click on the link at the top of the SEC Portal and download your Registrar’s e-mandate form
  5. Complete the form and send to your local bank or your Registrar’s office with a copy of your passport photo.
That’s it! Your Bank or your Registrar will do the rest! Once you have been verified and processed, you will receive all your unclaimed dividends. They will be paid into your chosen bank account.

Click here: www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

OR

1. Gather information about your shares: name of the company, account number, Registrar's name and your name.
  2. Get you bank details: account name, account number, BVN, address etc.
  3. Go to your Registrar's office or the bank where you have an account.
  4. Request for the e-dividend registration form
  5. Complete the form and submit it back to your Bank or Registrar with a copy of your passport photograph.
  6. You are done! Your bank or Registrar will do the rest!
If you are not certain that you or your loved ones bought shares or if your names are listed, do not give up. Continue to check back on the SEC's e-dividend portal for when it becomes available here: www.sec.gov.ng/non-mandated/

Thanks, for this information.

But, I just checked mine and saw this different account.

Kindly throw more light.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200430-104852.png
    Screenshot_20200430-104852.png
    50.8 KB · Views: 4