How to figure out a Nigerian Zip code or postal code

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 5, 2020
Nigerian postal code can be confusing sometimes. When you mail something to people in Nigeria, you get a lot of crazy addresses in to put on the envelope and the mail or letter may never get to the person you are setting things to.

Nigeria's ZIP / POSTAL code is NOT +234 for all cities and states as most people think- Rather +234 is only the International Dialing Code for Nigerian phone numbers.. example +23470********

Postal codes in Nigeria are numeric, consisting of six digits. NIPOST , the Nigerian Postal Service, divides the country into nine regions, which make up the first digit of the code. The second and third digits combined with the first, are the dispatch district for outgoing sorting. The last three digits are for delivery.
The main postal head office in each region will have a postal code ending in 0001, so Garki Main HO in Abuja has the postal code 970001, Ikeja HO in Lagos has 100001, Lokoja in Kogi has 270001 and Port Harcourt has 500001. The lowest postcode is 100001 and the
highest is 930001.

The Nigerian Postal Services still works despite
internet / email and the other Big names in the
Business (DHL, UPS, FEDEX) taking over delivery of
letters and packages faster. They NPS still offer P.O
Box address amongst other services for individuals
and corporations.

You can Visit the New Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) Website http://www.nigeriapostcodes.com to get more info.

List of Nigeria postal. codes

avalon_star

Nov 13, 2020
I also had problems with this and did not know how to solve it, in the end, I decided to just change my email to another one, namely, I don't have any problems now, so I suggest you do the same. Just try. In addition, it is very convenient for business. You can keep your privacy and not worry. I do not argue that it costs money and it may be expensive, but it is worth it because it allows you to get more without putting much effort. Maybe you should try it?

Last edited by a moderator: