Hugo Lloris Left Bewildered By Extreme Snow In His Second Match In The MLS

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Sofoluwe Mayowa

May 8, 2023
Former Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper Hugo Lloris was left bewildered by the extremely heavy snow that fell during his second match in the MLS.

A picture was posted on social media showing Lloris in disbelief over the consistent falling of the snow. The French international could hardly see the ball during a league match last weekend.

Lloris traveled with his teammates to play against the Real Salt Lakes of the MLS, and the match was thrown into total chaos due to the extreme bad weather.

Due to the weather, the game was delayed for two hours, but it got suspended after a lightening incident four minutes into the kickoff.

An hour later, the match resumed, but things were worse as the snow kept falling throughout the match and it was all over the pitch, with the players finding it difficult to see the ball.

Los Angeles manager Steve Cherudolo heavily criticized the league for allowing the match to continue under the bad weather, calling it the worst sporting event he had ever seen.

In the post-match conference, the manager said, "It was impossible conditions. I feel terrible for the players that we put them through this."

"It was an absolute joke we had to play today. It was one of the worst professional sporting events I've ever seen in my life. The game could have and should have been called off. In my opinion, it was an absolute disgrace that we had to play today."

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles football team are currently in seventh place in the Western Conference of Major League Soccer.

Lloris and his teammates are looking forward to returning to their winning ways when they play against Colorado on March 9, 2024.

How Salt Lake Manager Pablo Mastroeni Reacted to the Game Against Los Angeles in the MLS

After the 3-0 win against Los Angeles, Salt Lake manager Pablo Mastroeni said, "It's about mentality. You don't prepare by training in it, right?"

"And I think the team that quickly adapts to the circumstances around them and controls the controllables has a better chance of winning."

"It wasn't easy for either team, so just a real credit to the players and the mindset to not allow circumstances beyond their control to affect them."

Football Clubs Hugo Lloris Had Played For

At the age of 10, Hugo Lloris joined OGC Nice youth academy. He made his professional debut at the club on October 25, 2005, at the age of 18 years.

He moved to Olympic Lyon after a couple of fantastic seasons at OGC Nice.

On August 31, 2012, the Frenchman joined Tottenham Hotspur for a fee worth €10 million.

On December 30, 2023, the goalkeeper moved to the Los Angeles Football Club.

What do you think about Hugo Lloris playing in a different league apart from the English Premier League? Air your views in the comments section.