I became a Muslim because I love my husband, Mercy Aigbe says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Nollywood actress Mercy Aigbe has revealed that she became a devout Muslim because of her undying love for her husband Kazim Adeoti.

image-133.png

In an interview with TVC, Mercy Aigbe she wouldn't have remarried after divorcing her first husband if not for the love she has for him. She stated, "I love my husband so much. I don't think any woman would have gone through what I went through if it wasn't for love because I didn't have to. I'm comfortable. I have kids. It's because of love that I remarried. I'm such a lover girl."

Mercy Aigbe said that she is very liberal when it comes to religion so it wasn't difficult for her to change from Christianity to Islam. She expressed that her husband is a very religious person so she learns a lot from him. She said she began to struggle with her faith during COVID when she couldn't attend church regularly so she decided to switch to Islam.

Mercy Aigbe added that practicing the same religion as her husband strengthens the bond between them. She finds it exciting because she's learning more about Islam everyday.

Mercy Aigbe got married to Alhaji Kazim Adeoti in early 2023 after being in a relationship with him for over two years. Kazim Adeoti also known as Adekaz Productions is a well known Nollywood film producer. He has been married to his first wife Funsho Adeoti for the past 20 years before entering into a relationship with Mercy Aigbe.

Mercy Aigbe on the other hand, was previously married to Lanre Gentry, a Nigerian businessman. This was the actress's second marriage. The marriage was cut short in 2017 after Mercy Aigbe shared photos of herself after being allegedly assaulted by Lanre Gentry. Mercy Aigbe has a son, Juwon Gentry from her previous marriage and a daughter Michelle Gentry from her first marriage.