I begged my producer not to play bloody Samaritan beat for Wizkid, Ayra Starr says

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I begged my producer not to play bloody Samaritan beat for Wizkid, Ayra Starr says​

Afrobeats shining star Ayra Starr speaks about how she got the inspiration to record her first hit song, "Bloody Samaritan" off her first EP. She said that she had the best for over 6 months but never thought of a befitting song. She literally had to beg her producer, London, not to play the song for Wizkid because he was working with Wizkid at the time.

So one fateful day, she was all by herself at the studio reading tweets while some critics were saying nasty things about how untalented she was. Angrily, the lyrics "Vibes Killer" just popped into her head and that was how she stayed in the studio to record a song and titled it "Bloody Samaritan."

And after that hit song, Ayra Starr became one of the most sought-after Afrobeats singers in Nigeria with millions of fans across the globe. She now tours the world to perform her songs and continues to win more hearts with her songs.