I couldn't touch the money for two weeks straight, Nedu gives funny revelation on how he made his first million

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

queeny

Jun 1, 2023
Popular OAP and podcaster Nedu gives account on how he made his first million in 2012 and how he was almost underpaid due to his lack of awareness in the industry.

Screenshot_20230715-092636_1.jpg

On Naija FM radio, he spoke about how signing a deal with MTN got him his first million. He said he got a call from MTN that fateful day informing him on their plans of signing a one-year contract with him worth 600k.

On hearing the amount, he was shocked and couldn't believe it because his salary was N80,000 at the time. He agreed to sign the deal but on getting there, he had someone to talk on his behalf in order to get them to make a better offer.

"Had it been I sign am, them for give me 300,000 first keep am for pocket. Then I go con collect the remaining one after six months. I con say okay no problem. He senior me so make I wait. Him don dey the industry before me", he said.

Moments later, the contract was changed and he was given the documents to sign. As he was about to sign, he found out that it was changed from 600k to N3m.

He said he was overjoyed because that was the first time such an amount of money was sent to his bank account.

Screenshot_20230715-092847_1.jpg

He said, "I no gree touch that money for like two weeks. If I wake up, I go just go carry the phone check am. I con get small pride."

He continued by saying the deal he had with MTN was the turning point he needed in his career to have an insight into how the industry was. After he shot the advert with MTN, he began to bag deals here and there.

He said the only regret he had was spending the money on a car of 1.2 million naira. He didn't know the value of money then. He said before he buys a car for himself now, he makes sure he has three times that amount available so it won't look like a waste.

See full video here:

Video credit: Twitter @OneJoblessBoy