I didn't fall down, I prostrated, President Tinubu says after tripping on democracy day

• Weekly Giveaway for our active users. N50,000 per Week. Do you want to contribute to this community? We are looking for contribution? What is hot right now? Sign up and get in on the ground floor of the newest, fastest growing Nigerian forum!

Hamot Yusuf

Jun 1, 2023
Lagos, Nigeria

I didn't fall down, I prostrated, President Tinubu says after tripping on democracy day​

During the democracy day speech, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu addressed the moment he slipped on national TV. He said that he has been watching the clips on social media but he wants citizens to know that the fall was deliberate. He added that this was his way of acknowledging the democracy day and he had to prostrate on live camera to show his respect. Therefore, those who thought he slipped are getting it all wrong.

President Tinubu's slipping on national TV triggered mixed reactions in the media. Some genuinely sympathized and worried about his health while others made fun of him, and claimed he was too old to rule a nation. But while addressing the nation, President Tinubu said the fall was intentional as he thought to "Dobale" and show proper respect to our beloved country.